Client Living Room Before & After & During

One of my favorite parts of my job is the day we install everything into a room for our clients.  It's rewarding & so much fun to see it all come together.  We just returned back to the office today from a living room installation & I thought I'd share a few pictures from the beginning of the process (months ago) to the final end results. 

This project actually began while I was on maternity leave with my {amazing} design assistant, Meghan, meeting our client.   Our client's style is traditional and she loves a natural feeling with punches of color and is crazy about animals :)  She loves tufting & pretty details but didn't want anything overly fussy.  The design was presented, tweaked, agreed upon & ordered and this morning, we met with our whiteglove delivery team to install everything. (wahooo! :)
 
We walked into the empty space (which had been cleared for the installation day) & got to work getting it ready:
 
(ignore my stylin' outfit please ;) ;) 
 
Next came the seagrass area rug to add some natural texture & warmth to the living room:
 
 
 
Then the vintage overdyed rug was layered on top of the seagrass & the guys brought in the furniture:
 
 
 
At the same time the furniture was being moved in, Paul Johnson from Paul David Design- the BEST custom workroom evah!!-  began hanging the curtains:
 
{Cream & green embroidered linen with green banding}
 
We used our client's existing curtain rods & a few of her furnishings as well.  Our clients have some great maps & artwork, so once the furnishings were in place, we got to hanging it with Paul's help.  I styled all of the surfaces with our clients' things...
 
{We need to find the perfect mirror for above the entry table}
 
And so one last 'before' pic:
 
{Derrick & Franklin unrolling the first rug}
 
..And here's the living room now:
 
 
One of my favorite touches is our clients' adorable needlepoint pillow with the jack russel on it....
 
 
The velvet settee is super soft & you just want to touch it when you see it.  We used a pillow in one of my fabrics -Live Paisley- on the sette to add some color & to lessen its seriousness. It's hard to see in the photo but the paisley is green & pink, so we pulled out a little more of the pink with the throw on the chair.

 
I looooove the bird study we found by Peggy Macnamara for Natural Curiosities:
 



We still have a few more things to add to the space but I hope you enjoyed seeing the process so far!
 
 
ps- I started this post this afternoon and am just now hitting "publish" at 6:30 PM... Between computer & internet kircking out issues, I am smoked. ahhhhh!!! :)

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © home design ideas. All Rights Reserved.