Our Nature Box

I'm back from a whirlwind week of work & packing for our move! We leave our house Saturday and I'm bittersweet about it. 
 
We've been trying to take some time to enjoy our house as much as possible before we move & one of our favorite things to do is to take walks & spend time outside.  The boys & I have been working on filling up our "nature box" which is actually an old printer's tray:
 
 
 
 
We love coming home from walks & trips to display our finds in the nature box.  Some of the finds are from our beach trips this Summer & Spring, while most are from around our neighborhood.
 

 
Lately, we've been starting to see the acorns!! (yay Fall!! :)
Some are still green & a few are brown.  The seed pods are so pretty too in their own way.
 
I don't know the names of half of the stuff in the box, but of course we have our own names for our finds.  When we get our books set up at the new house, we'll look them up the old-fashioned way.
(I.e. "spikey balls" -  below)

 
The boys often come home with pretty little stones to add to the boxes.

{What are these green crazy things we found on a tree??!!!  seeds pods??  love them!}

Anyway, I hope you've been having a great week!  We have so much going on right now & it's starting to make me a little nutty in the head.  I'm forgetting things left & right and I can't seem to keep anything straight.  I am so excited about everything and, emotionally, I'm totally fine, but it's my brain that's going! :)  I'll be back as soon as I can to share pics on the DEMO going on over at our new place!!



If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © home design ideas. All Rights Reserved.