Yay for a Fall Friday

I am so happy it's Friday.  I really am.  It's 5:00, there's a little fall chill in the air and it's a bit overcast.  I made a batch of rice & potato soup this morning and it's been simmering for hours.  I'm ready to put on cozy sweats and hunker down...  watch movies & read & eat.  And of course hang with my family.

(I wouldn't quite fit in here in my sweats but it suits my mood ;)

I love this time of year...  both indoors & outside.  I love coming in with a chill and warming up and I love being outside, crunching acorns on the sidewalk when it'c ool enough for a scarf but not cold enough for a coat.  I made my kids wear hats today pretty much because they looked cute in them.  (I pretended they needed them and it thrilled me to no end.}

{Not our apples...  photo by Mikkel Vang via dress design & decor}

For the past few days I've been busy loading images of my new fabrics into the online store.  I'll be honest and say that it's a kind of torturous process.  It takes FOR-EVA.  Like Forrrrreverrrrrrrrrrr.  BUT----   I know it'll be worth it in the end, and the previously empty online store is starting to look good and take on some personality. 

Here's a sneak peek at one of my newer designs, Fern Star:


Last weekend for the photoshoot, I experimented with washing some of the fabrics to give them a bit of patina and I loooove how they turned out.  They're so soft & vintage-feeling and now I'm dying to redo my house.  Definitely doing some bedding for the boys new room in them.

Anyway, hope you had a great week & enjoy your weekend!!

xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © home design ideas. All Rights Reserved.