A room with a view of Paris







When we stayed in Paris, I decided that staying in an apartment would be the way to go.  I had heard great things about the difference it could make in your trip.  Having a place to rest your head that was more of a home was very appealing to me.  I have been to Paris several times and my best trips were spent with a friend who lived there for a few years in an amazing apartment just steps from the Tuleries Gardens.  Both times I stayed with her I really felt like Paris could be home for me.  I knew the neighborhood and where I could eat comfortably as well as the great shopping that was near by. 

This time I wanted to stay as close as possible to the neighborhood that I knew.  Maybe not my best choice.  I struggled to find an apartment that worked for 3 of us in the 1st Arr. 

We settled in an apartment from A la Carte Paris in the 17th.  It was perfect for us, clean, comfortable and it had a cute little kitchen and a large bathroom.  The view was perfectly wonderful and the neighborhood divine.   Shopping was super close and quite good.  Even a small outdoor market several days a week, we were able to buy fresh food everyday and really enjoy all that Paris had to offer.

It made the trip and gave us the feeling of home!  I learned a thing or two about Paris and it's neighborhoods, there is more than one great place in the city and maybe I should give them all a try.

images by christina for greige



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © home design ideas. All Rights Reserved.