Before & After Guest Blogger: Ally of From the Right Bank

Please welcome Ally of From the Right Bank.  Her style is amazing & she moves often, so lucky for us readers!! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I'm Ally of From the Right Bank  and I can't believe it's been four months since Lauren asked me to be guest blog here. Let's see . . . back then, cutie pie Justin was still on the way and I was in the middle of moving across the country from Seattle to Atlanta. Lauren asked for a "Before and After" post and I thought, "Sure, no problem. By April, I'll have lots of Before and After's to choose from."

Well, I clearly overestimated my abilities. Or rather, underestimated my slacker tendencies. In any case, I have yet to "finish" a single room in our house. And of course, this just makes how much Lauren has done in her new home that much more mind-boggling! And oh yeah, let's not forget that little business of giving birth
somewhere in there too! I tell you, I would hate her if I didn't love her so much(!)

Well, the closest to a finished project I have to share with you is our kitchen.  Here are a few photos of the kitchen just before we moved in:

As you can see, it was a perfectly fine kitchen. Pretty marble, farmhouse sink, custom cabinets . . . nothing offensive. But my issue with it was that everything was a cream/ivory color. While I didn't hate it, I've always preferred pure white to off-white. And for a couple of years now, I've been on a gray kick and I especially wanted gray kitchen cabinets so I thought now was my chance. So after agonizing over paint colors for
weeks, looking at hundreds of swatches and lying awake at night contemplating just how many shades of gray exist in this world (Doesn't everyone?), I finally decided on Benjamin Moore's "Trout Gray." I wanted a true gray - one that wasn't too blue, too green, or too purple and Trout Gray fit that bill.


The painters removed all of the doors, drawers, shelves and hardware and then sprayed. They also painted the walls (Benjamin Moore White #1). It took days (and days) and this was the state of things during the process:


And here is how it turned out:



I'm still looking for the perfect sconces to go over the sink and I'll be replacing the faucet as well as the lights over the island but it's close. Now as for the rest of my house, that's another story!


Thank you so much for having me today, Lauren! You're a real inspiration to so many of us
and it's been an honor to be your guest!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ally it's so beautiful!!!  The gray is perfect and I am seriously jealous!!  Thanks for sharing the process with us & can't wait to see the rest of your new house!!!!
xoxo,
lauren
 
ps- Ally- what are you doing with the faucet you're ditching??  ;) ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © home design ideas. All Rights Reserved.